Depending on its series, you can reset an alpine radio in several ways.
In CDE and UTE series radios, you’ll need to press and hold the “(.)” and the number 6 buttons for this. On the other hand, if you have a high-end touchscreen-based radio, such as iLX-W650, go to Settings > General > About and tap on the ‘Clear All Settings’ button.
How to Reset Alpine Radios
The Alpine is one of the leading brands in the car radio industry, and their radios are generally known for high-quality sound, extra features, and durability.
But despite the seemingly good reputation, sometimes these radios can get unresponsive and freeze.
Resetting is one of the easiest methods to get these radios out of such issues.
But the main problem is that this procedure varies between different radios.
To help you, we’re listing reset procedures of some popular Alpine radios in the market.
Reset Alpine CDE-172 BT and UTE-73BT
- Turn on the radio.
- Press and Hold the “(.)” and the number 6 buttons for over two seconds. The former is located on the right side of the volume knob, while the latter is in the bottom row.
- The screen will go blank before turning on again. It indicates that the reset process is complete.
Related Posts – Top 5 Best Alpine Head Units (2023 Updated)
Reset Alpine iLX-W650 and iLX-107
- Turn on the radio.
- Press the ‘home’ button located in the bottom row.
- Select the ‘gear’ icon. It will take you to the system settings.
- Select the ‘General’ option.
- Select the ‘About’ option from the new menu.
- There’ll be information regarding the head unit in the about section, like serial number, firmware version, clear all settings, etc.
- Tap the ‘RESET’ button against the ‘Clear All Settings’ option.
- A pop-up message will appear and will ask you for confirmation.
- Press OK. It will initiate the reset process.
Reset Alpine iLX-F409
The iLX-F409 comes with a RESET switch located in the bottom left corner. The reset process begins when you press that switch with a ballpoint pen or any other pointy object.
So this is how you can reset your Alpine radios.
One important thing to remember is that the processes mentioned above only apply to their respective radios.
If you have any other models installed in your vehicle, check its owner’s manual or search online for the exact process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Is The Reset Button On A Car Stereo?
This button is usually found in button-based single-din car radios. To confirm whether your radio has it or not, remove its faceplate. The reset button will be inside a hole behind this faceplate.
Why My Alpine Radio Settings Are Greyed Out?
It’s a safety mechanism that discourages drivers from using the car radio while driving. This issue will be solved as soon as you engage the parking brake. Then you can play with the settings like usual.
Why My Alpine Radio Is Not Turning On?
Although there can be many reasons behind this, it mostly happens due to a faulty radio fuse.
Why My Alpine Radio Bluetooth Is Not Working?
It mainly happens if you’ve paired many devices with the car radio in the past. And now the radio’s ‘paired device list’ is full. To solve this issue, clear this list and then retry repairing.