We all know that a great head unit is essential for any car audio system.
But with so many different models and features available, it can be tough to choose the right one.
That’s why we had done the work for you!
In this post, we’ll take a look at the best double DIN head units on the market today.
We’ll outline the pros and cons of each model, and help you decide which one is right for your needs. So read on to learn more about the best double DIN head units available today!
- The Kenwood DMX7706S is the best double din head unit for sound quality, due to its high quality built-in amplifier and advanced sound processing, and 13 Band EQ.
- The 6.95″ display of this head unit is clear and bright, making it easy to see what’s playing, who’s calling, and more. The touchscreen display allows you to easily navigate your media files.
- This head unit is Waze-ready and comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing you to easily connect your smartphone and access select music, navigation, and other apps.
- You can also stream music wirelessly via Bluetooth or take advantage of high-res audio playback for superior sound quality.
- The ATOTO S8 Premium is a budget-friendly car stereo that offers excellent sound quality.
- It features a 7-inch full HD touchscreen display with quantum film technology for clear and bright images.
- The unit has a built-in Bluetooth & radio tuner and supports both wired and wireless CarPlay as well as Android Auto.
- It comes with DSP with Time Correction for outstanding sound quality, as well as a powerful preamp for clear, crisp sound.
- The Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX is a great car stereo for people who are looking for a large and responsive touchscreen with a bright and colorful display.
- It also has great audio quality with its built-in 13-band equalizer. Additionally, it is easy to install due to its shallow chassis design.
- Another great feature of this stereo is that it supports Wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless Android Auto, which makes it super easy to use.
Top 7 Best Double Din Head Unit Reviews 2022
Here are we had reviewd our top 7 picks with pros and cons!
1. Kenwood DMX7706S – Best Double DIN Head Unit For Sound Quality
This head unit delivers excellent sound quality that will make your music-listening experience even better.
With its built-in amplifier, you’ll be able to get the most out of your speakers and subwoofers, and the unit’s advanced sound processing will ensure that your music sounds its best.
The high-quality 6.95″ display on the Kenwood DMX7706S is clear and bright, making it easy to see what’s playing, who’s calling, and more. The clear resistive touchscreen display allows you to easily navigate through your media files and customize the display in a variety of different ways.
In addition, this head unit is Waze-ready and comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing you to easily connect your smartphone and access select music, navigation, and other apps. You can also stream music wirelessly via Bluetooth, or take advantage of high-res audio playback for superior sound quality.
It’s perfect for audiophiles who want the best possible sound quality in their car.
This unit delivers all the details of your favorite music, so you can feel like you’re right in the middle of the action. With ultra-high and low frequencies, you’ll be able to enjoy a sonic experience unlike anything else. Plus, this head unit is easy to use, so you’ll be able to get up and running in no time.
This receiver offers optimal sound performance with its 13-band graphic EQ and built-in digital time alignment feature. You can tailor the sound quality to your unique tastes with the graphic equalizer, and the time alignment feature ensures that your music sounds great no matter where you are sitting in the car.
This receiver features rear USB inputs for expanded source options, as well as support for high-res music playback from a USB drive. You’ll love being able to use Pandora and Spotify any time you want, without losing sound quality. And if you’re a SiriusXM subscriber, adding the optional SiriusXM tuner lets you enjoy satellite radio’s massive programming lineup anywhere you go.
You can easily get directions from Apple Maps, make phone calls, listen to voicemail, send and receive texts, and listen to music while driving with the built-in Apple CarPlay feature. So whether you’re stuck in traffic or making a cross-country road trip, the Kenwood DMX7706S Head Unit has you covered.
iDatalink Maestro Compatible
Thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module, this radio can be installed in a wide variety of vehicles without losing any of the factory features that you rely on. You’ll also be able to take advantage of the DMX7706S’ large, clear display to keep tabs on engine performance data, vehicle info, and even radar information from a compatible detector.
Dual Backup Camera Support
This touchscreen head unit features two video inputs, allowing you to connect both front and rear-view cameras. You’ll be able to see everything in crystal clear detail, even when parked, thanks to the unit’s electronic angle adjustment. And if you’re looking to keep your passengers entertained on long trips, you can send movies from the receiver to a rear seat screen while still listening to music up front.
- 6.95″ Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto support for easy smartphone connectivity
- High-resolution audio playback for superior audio quality
- 6-channel Pre Outs 4 Volt
- RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels
- Power Wattage: 50 watts x 4 channels
- 13-band graphic EQ to customize the sound to your personal tastes
- Inputs: Rear USB, iDataLink Maestro, Steering Wheel Control
- Two video inputs let you add both Dual Backup Camera with Parking Guide Lines
- AV Output, 3.5mm Audio Input
- Support FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, and WMA.
- SiriusXM satellite radio support with optional SiriusXM tuner
- Includes an external Bluetooth mic for handsfree calling and easy operation
- 12 Months Warranty
Pros And Cons
2. ATOTO S8 Premium – Best Budget Double Din Stereo for Sound Quality
If you’re in the market for a new budget-friendly car stereo for sound quality, you should definitely consider the ATOTO S8 Premium.
This unit is not only stylish and modern but it’s also packed with features that will make your driving experience more enjoyable.
This amazing stereo features a 7-inch full HD touchscreen which has a resolution of 1024 x 600 and comes with the latest QLED screen technology for an unbeatable experience. The 5-touch capacitive touchscreen is extremely responsive and easy to use, making it a pleasure to use.
The quantum film technology used in this display ensures that colors are accurately represented and that the image is clear and bright. Whether you’re watching movies, the ATOTO S8 Premium provides an immersive experience. And with a durable and sturdy design, it’s built to last.
It features a built-in Bluetooth & radio tuner, so you can easily stay connected while on the go. The sleek and compact design makes it easy to use, and the large touchscreen display is perfect for navigating your way around town. With its built-in maps and turn-by-turn directions, you’ll always know where you’re going.
It comes with both wired and wireless CarPlay support as well as Android Auto support. This makes it the perfect choice for any car owner who wants the best in-car experience. ATOTO S8 Premium is packed with features that will make your driving experience more enjoyable and convenient.
The ATOTO S8 Premium comes with DSP with Time Correction for outstanding sound quality, as well as a powerful preamp for clear, crisp sound. You’ll also appreciate the easy operation and control that the S8 offers. With its HD 720P rearview video display, virtual surround view parking and live rear view feature, the ATOTO S8 makes backing into even the tightest spots.
And for added safety, the S8 includes rear USB inputs so you can keep your devices charged while on the go. So if you’re looking for the best of the best, choose the ATOTO S8 Premium.
- Model: ATOTO S8G2B74PM
- Display: 7″ Capacitive Touchscreen
- Power Wattage: 4 x 50 Watts
- RMS: 4 x 29 Watts
- Equalizer: 9 Band Graphic
- Wired and Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired and Wireless Android Auto
- Support Mirror Link
- Built-in Navigation system
- Powerful preamp for clear, crisp sound
- HD 720P rearview video display
- Support FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, and WMA.
- Virtual surround view parking and live rear view features
- Rear USB inputs for charging devices on the go.
Pros And Cons
3. Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX – Best Pioneer Double Din Stereo
The Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX is a great car stereo for people who are looking for a large and responsive touchscreen with a bright and colorful display. It also has great audio quality with its built-in 13-band equalizer. Additionally, it is easy to install due to its shallow chassis design.
Another great feature of this stereo is that it supports Wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless Android Auto, which makes it super easy to use. If you’re looking for a great car stereo with all the features you could want, then I would highly recommend the Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX.
The Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX provides a premium High-Resolution Audio experience with playback of up to 5.6 MHz DSD (Direct Stream Digital) files and 192 kHz/24-bit WAV and FLAC files. Enjoy your music just as the musicians intended, with greater than CD-quality sound.
This stereo features a built-in HD Radio tuner, which delivers clear digital sound with no audio distortion. Plus, many HD Radio stations offer extra local FM channels so you can enjoy more music, news, and sports.
This multi-media receiver is also SiriusXM-compatible which not only gives you access to over 140 channels of commercial-free music, but also the best sports and live events, comedy, news, and more.
The DMH-W4660NEX comes with a high-quality built-in amplifier and offers a power output of (14 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels). Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX comes with a 13 Band Graphic Equalizer with an Easy EQ preset equalizer.
In the box of this Stereo, you will get a full installation kit such as USB Cable, GPS adapter, Wiring harness, 58″ USB-C extension cable, Microphone, Screws, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Information, and some other necessary items.
- MODEL: PIONEER DMH-W4660NEX
- Screen Size: 6.8″ Capacitive Touchscreen Display
- 5 Display and 112 Key colors for customization
- Dual Bluetooth Connection Support
- 13 Band Graphic Equalizer with Auto EQ and time alignment
- Built-in HD Radio with 18 FM and 6 AM Presets
- Support SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Support iDataLink Maestro and Metra AXXESS
- Direct USB Control for iPhone Users
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Siri Eyes Free control
- HD Radio with AM/FM tuner
- Dual USB input, Backup Camera input
- HDMI input, Dual AV input
- 6 Channel Preamp Output (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- Audio Formats: FLAC, MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV
- Video Formats: MPEG 1-2-4, AVI/DIVX, MP4,
- Other Formats: JPEG, CD/CD-R/RW, DVD/DVD-R/RW
- Warranty: 12 Months
Pros And Cons
Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX is also listed at #1 in the top Pioneer Car Stereo List of 2022
Kenwood DMX7706S Vs. Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX
|Kenwood DMX7706S||Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX|
|Apple CarPlay||Wired||Wired, Wireless|
|Android Auto||Wired||Wired, Wireless|
|Equalizer||13 Band Graphic||13 Band Graphic|
|RMS||22 Watts||14 Watts|
|Max Power Output||50 watts x 4||50 watts x 4|
|RCA Preout Voltage||4-Volt||4-Volt|
|RCA Preamp Outputs||6-Channels||6-Channels|
|Screen Mirroring||Wired||Wired, Wireless|
|Backup Camera input||Dual||Dual|
|Parking Guide Lines||Supported||Supported|
|Digital Time Alignment||Built-in||Built-in|
Verdict: As you can see, both head units have similar features except for the display and Wireless CarPlay/ Android Auto. In our opinion, if you are looking for double DIN head unit specially for sound quality we recommend you go with Kenwood; however, if you want a Capacitive display with Wireless CarPlay goes with Pioneer.
4. Kenwood DPX504BT – Best Double Din Head Unit for the Money
Kenwood has always been a trusted name in car audio, and the DPX504BT is no exception. This CD receiver features a simple layout for your media and Bluetooth capabilities that let you easily control your music.
You’ll love the big 3-line display, which ensures you never lose track of your tunes, and the front aux input lets you easily connect your own devices. Plus, with its USB port, the DPX504BT is perfect for listening to high-res music.
The Kenwood DPX504BT lets you control all your music with just your voice. With the Alexa app, simply pair your phone to the receiver and press the dedicated “Alexa” button to access a world of music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, and more.
This Kenwood double DIN stereo also lets you play and charge your iPhone. It also has a front aux input for a portable music player. The USB drives are filled with high-res FLAC and WAV files and control and play music using Android devices.
This receiver comes with controls for Spotify and Pandora and an option for SiriusXM (satellite radio tuner and subscription required). The sensitive radio tuner will pick up local AM and FM analog stations.
This stereo lets you make hands-free calls and stream music and audiobooks from your phone. The Music Mix feature allows you to pair five phones so everyone can have a turn choosing tunes. And for drivers who love their iPhone or Android phone, the free Remote app gives you control of the stereo directly from your device.
With the Kenwood DPX504BT, you can fine-tune the sound and look to make sure your music always sounds great and fits your style. This receiver provides thirteen bands of equalization for perfect sound adjustment and digital time alignment for precise speaker placement.
You can also choose from various colors for the high-contrast display to perfectly match your dash. Three pairs of RCA preamp outputs let you add additional amps to power even more speakers.
- Model: Kenwood DPX504BT
- High-contrast 3-line Non-touchscreen display with CD/DVD Player
- Support variable-color illumination
- Built-in Bluetooth (version 4.2)
- AM/FM tuner
- Support Amazon Alexa voice control
- Front USB, AUX input
- (2.5-volt front, rear, subwoofer) Six channels Preamp outputs
- 13-band equalizer
- Power Peak: 200 watts max. (50 watts x 4 channels)
- RMS: (22 watts x 4 channels)
- Crossovers for rear, front, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- Support high-res WAV and FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- Other formats such as CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- Compatible with Pandora and Spotify through Android & iPhone
- Direct USB Control for iPod, iPhone, and iPad
- Works with factory steering wheel audio controls
- Android Control through Bluetooth
- Support SiriusXM satellite radio
- 12 months warranty coverage
Pros And Cons
5. Alpine iLX-W650 – Best Double DIN Head Unit for Android Auto
It’s a Premium Android Auto head unit from Alpine that will give us all the latest features with great audio and a beautiful touch display.
It has a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display that is responsive and offers good video quality. It provides all the features the Pioneer head unit gives except the wireless CarPlay and CD/DVD player.
For those who want the latest features in their car, this stereo can provide its built-in Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
You can do many things such as using GPS navigation, watching YouTube, and playing music via Spotify, and many other apps.
This unit supports mostly all the latest iPhones as well Android devices.
Alpine ILX-W650 allows users to play video and audio from a different sources such as USB input, Bluetooth, CarPlay. You can even stream music directly from your phone through Spotify.
- Screen Size: 7” Capacitive Display
- Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 7 inches (Lx W x H)
- Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto Support
- Built-in high-quality Amplifier
- Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
- 18 Watts RMS per Channel
- 9 Band Graphic Equalizer
- (4-volt) 6-channels RCA output
- Support High-resolution files such as FLAC
- Built-in Bluetooth Support for Bluetooth streaming and hands-free calling
- Compatible with Alpine KTA 450 Amplifier Units
- Compatible with other accessories such as backup camera, steering control
- 1 Year Warranty
Pros And Cons
People who used the Alpine iLx-W650 have appreciated its outstanding audio quality. Most of them found it easy to install due to its shallow design. We recommend it!
6. ATOTO A6 PF – Best Double DIN Stereo with Backup Camera
If you’re looking for a tremendous double DIN head unit with a backup camera, the ATOTO A6 is a great option.
The built-in backup camera is a lifesaver, and the high-quality sound system ensures you’ll never miss a beat. So if you’re ready to upgrade your old car stereo, the ATOTO A6 is a perfect choice.
This double-din head unit offers incredible sound quality and a wealth of features and functions that will make your driving experience even better.
This impressive car media receiver features a 7-inch 1024×600 IPS screen with a 178-degree whole viewing angle, so you’ll always have a clear view of your favorite apps, maps, and media. Plus, the sleek design is sure to complement any car’s interior.
Its maximum 4x45W amplifier and RMS 4x24W output allow it to quickly fill even large car cabins with rich, vibrant sound. And since it features time correction and speed-compensated volume control, you’ll always enjoy optimal sound quality no matter how fast you drive. Plus, with its 36-band EQ, you can tailor the sound to your specific preferences.
This powerful little unit packs a punch with its eight-core ARM Cortex-A55 processor and 1.6 GHz processing power. Plus, it comes with the latest version of Android installed – 10.0. That means you’ll have access to all the latest features and apps Android offers.
The ATOTO A6 also has built-in GPS navigation, so you’ll never have to worry about getting lost again. Plus, with dual Bluetooth support, you can easily connect your phone for hands-free calling and streaming music.
The A6 features Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities, so you can always stay connected while on the go. Bluetooth and USB tethering make it easy to connect your devices, and the HD 720P rear-view video display with the live rear-view feature is perfect for keeping an eye on what’s behind you. The quality-sounding FM/AM radio keeps you entertained for hours.
This innovative device lets you connect your phone wirelessly or via a factory USB cable so that you can use your favorite apps and features while on the go.
Whether you want to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, the A6 has you covered. With the built-in MirrorLink feature, you’ll be able to easily connect your phone and use all your favorite apps right on your car’s display.
- 7” Capacitive Touchscreen Display
- Compatible with Android Auto via USB
- Built-in Bluetooth 5.0
- Built-in GPS Navigation system
- Amplifier Power:320 Watts
- Built-in 13 Band Equalizer settings
- Aux/USB/ SD Card Input
- Formats Such as MP3, MP4, WMA, AM/FM
- 4 Channel Preamp Output for audio/video
- 3 Year Warranty
Pros And Cons
Related Post – Best Double Din Head Unit under $500
Selecting the Best Double Din Head Unit – Why it is so Difficult?
How to purchase the Best Double DIN Head Unit for Sound Quality is one the most asked queries people generally search before spending their valuable money. Selecting the suitable double din head unit for your vehicle can be difficult due to the many modelsthe and brands available in the market.
Other problems such as lack of product information. Many companies do not reveal their complete product information. That’s why it makes it harder to select. However, below you can find all the specific head unit information that will save you a lot of time and headaches.
How we selected these Double Din Head Units.
There are a few things we took into consideration when selecting the best double din radio. First, we wanted to find options that had a large display. This is important for several reasons, including seeing maps and directions more easily.
Second, we wanted to find units that had a lot of features. A car stereo can come with various features, such as GPS navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, and even built-in amplifiers.
Third, we wanted to find units that were easy to use. We know that not everyone is an expert when it comes to car audio, so we tried to find teams that were straightforward to use.
Finally, we wanted to find affordable units. We know that car radios can be a significant investment, so we tried to find reasonably priced options.
How we tested these Double Din Head Units.
After we had our list of potential double DIN radios, we then set out to test them. We wanted a real-world idea of how they performed, so we installed each one in a car and then put them through various tests.
First, we tested the GPS navigation systems. We drove around with each unit to see how accurate the mapping was and how easy it was to input destinations.
Second, we tested the Bluetooth connectivity. We paired each unit with a phone and then made calls, sent texts, and played music to see how well it worked.
Third, we tested the audio quality. We listened to different music through each unit to understand the audio quality. Finally, we looked at the overall ease of use. We evaluated how intuitive each team was and how easy it was to access the features we wanted.
These seven double-din head unit has a lot to offer for every type of person considering budget to high end with excellent performance.
However, if you still find a problem selecting the best double din head unit for sound quality and do not have any budget problems, then we will advise you to go with Kenwood DMX7706S. The other reason to go with this head unit is user trust, found in the amazon reviews section.